Zmiyak Sergey Sergeevich, Doctor of economic sciences, head of sub-department of world economy and international economic relations, Don State Technical University (1 Gagarina square, Rostov-on-Don, Russia), E-mail: Sergey_zm@list.ru
Yarovaya Natal'ya Sergeevna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of world economy and international economic relations, Don State Technical University (1 Gagarina square, Rostov-on-Don, Russia), E-mail: Sergey_zm@list.ru
Zinchenko Lyudmila Aleksandrovna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of world economy and international economic relations, Don State Technical University (1 Gagarina square, Rostov-on-Don, Russia), E-mail: Sergey_zm@list.ru
Skvortsov Aleksey Olegovich, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The integrated and global world economy changes the direction of world community functioning and it happens with the participation of the expo business, which is growing rapidly and increasing the volume of profit. The Expobusiness expands the scope of its activities at the regional, national and world levels, expands its borders, acts as an independent segment of the world economy. The Expo-Biznes visualizes the growth of the main spheres of the world and national economy, contributes to the creation of business alliances for effective cooperation of companies. In connection with current trends, the place and role of the expo business in the global economy is changing. The purpose of the work is to analyze current problems and trends in the development of the expo business in the Russian Federation.
Materials and methods. The implementation of research tasks was achieved on the basis of an analysis of the main factors that could destabilize and worsen the development indicators that impede the effective development of the Russian expo business. The development of the Russian expo business is influenced by internal and external problems. Economic crisis and sanctions lead the segment of the expo business out of balance. The scientific study analyzes the specific weight of the expo business of Russia on the world stage, the presented indicator does not reach the level of indicators of the largest exponents, therefore it can be argued that the potential of development of the domestic expo business is not sufficiently used. The methodological basis of the research is the methods of historical, comparative, spatial analysis that make it possible to study the territorial differences in the expo business in the world and in Russia, which has differentiation in the location of large exhibition centers, characterized by high functionality, equipment and capacity, and the different scale of exhibits.
Results. Threats that could destabilize and worsen expo-business indicators in Russia are investigated; factors that impede the effective development of the Russian expo business at the regional and national levels. The instruments and tendencies of development of the domestic expo business are determined.
Conclusions. The study of the peculiarities of the development of the expo business in Russia at the national and regional scale makes it possible to determine the factors of influence and development trends of this segment in the Russian economy. The main objectives of the development of the Russian expo business are the expansion of its client base, the retention of regular customers and the promotion of national goods or services on the world market. The identified trends will contribute to the globalization of the Russian expo business, the development of regional sites, the formation of a single expo-space.
expo business, exposition, expocentre, expo industry, expo, Russia, region
1. Vremya kongressov [The age of congresses]. 2016, no. 3. Available at: http://pressa.ru/files/issue/private/congresstime/2016/03-2016/raw_issue/congresstime-2016-03-2016.pdf [In Russian]
2. Plotnikov V. V. Ekonomika i predprinimatel'stvo [Economics and entrepreneurship]. 2017, no. 9-3 (86), pp. 744–746. [In Russian]
3. Khoreva L. V., Galiullina A. G. Aktual'nye problemy razvitiya sfery uslug: sb. nauch. tr. [Topical problems of development of services: collected papers]. Saint-Petersburg, 2016, pp. 97–101. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_29926481_445
53048.pdf [In Russian]
4. Industriya vstrech kak drayver razvitiya ekonomiki. Regional'nyy aspect [The industry of meetings as a driver of economic development. The regional aspect]. Available at:
http://rncconsult.ru/netcat_files/userfiles/Meetings_Industry_as_a_Driver_of_the_Economic_Development._Regional_Aspect.pdf [In Russian]
5. Zmiyak S. S. Gosudarstvennoe i munitsipal'noe upravlenie. Uchenye zapiski SKAGS [State and municipal administration. Proceedings of SKAGS]. 2016, no. 1, p. 73.
6. Kontseptsiya razvitiya vystavochno-yarmarochnoy i kongressnoy deyatel'nosti v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The conception of exposition and congress activity development in the Russian Federation]. Available at: http://www.uefexpo.ru/?id=45682 [In Russian]
7. Reyting sobytiynogo potentsiala regionov Rossii 2016 goda [Rating of the event potential of Russian regions in 2016]. Available at: https://www.expoclub.ru/press/39098/[In Russian]
8. Exhibition world. Available at: http://www.exhibitionworld.co.uk/2017/10/23/ruefreports-small-increase-indicators-exhibition-activity-russia/
9. Analiz kongressno-vystavochnogo rynka 2016 [An analysis of the congress and exposition market in 2016]. Available at: https://generalexpo.ru/news/articles/4919 [In Russian]
10. Matyuk I. A. InnoTsentr [InnoCenter]. 2017, no. 2 (15), pp. 1–5. [In Russian]
11. Simonov K. V. Sovremennaya konkurentsiya [Modern competition]. 2016, vol. 10, no. 1 (55), pp. 67–81. [In Russian]
12. Be in Russia. Available at: http://beinrussia.ru/
13. Ulanovskaya O. N. Vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta (RINKh) [Bulletin of Rostov State Economic University]. 2016, no. 3 (55), pp. 67–72. [In Russian]
14. Sdelano v Moskve. Made in Moscow. Available at: http://www.moscowcvb.org/madein-moscow/about.php [In Russian]
15. Simonov K. V. Innovatsionnoe razvitie ekonomiki [Innovative economic development]. 2015, no. 6 (30), pp. 28–31. [In Russian]
16. Natsional'noe kongress-byuro [National congress office]. Available at: http://russiacb. com/ [In Russian]